Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A full office, a full day of work

Two weeks ago, I stepped into the WEbook office for the first time.  Now, when I think back to those first couple of days, I remember (fondly, of course) a quiet environment suitable for the long to-do lists we had, a lovely white wall that had a black speck two inches directly above where my line of sight hit, and empty offices just waiting for a person to fill them.

Needless to say, things have drastically changed (most definitely for the better).  Now, there are 4 loud, outgoing interns who sit at a kitchen table typing away together, group outings to explore Bethesda during lunch, and (the best part of all) a vibrant blue wall with no visible specks.

There's also more work to do, though that seems counterintuitive: with more interns, shouldn't we each have less on our plate?  Not at WEbook, where things are still growing and changing at rapid paces.  But hey, I'm not complaining (much).

Speaking of work, as much fun as reminiscing is, work awaits and I really would hate to be fired (especially now that I've discovered the candy basket).

I'm out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you're doing lunches. Try getting the other folks to join you sometime too.