Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflection of WEbook!

Through out a 6 week period I had an internship at WEbook, which is an online publishing company that's known for its user generated books. At WEbook I helped them go through projects on their website and look for interesting projects in which Id recommend for publishing, I've also worked on marketing and editing at WEbook. I helped WEbook come up with marketing ideas for an upcoming book and a coworker at WEbook showed me his editing methods and showed me how to use them, which I used to edit my previous blogs. They are many job positions at WEbook and to learn more about them I set up interviews with 2 of staff members at WEbook to learn more about there job, pay, experience and etc. From my experience at WEbook I must say I have learned very much as a student, employer and a person in general. I have learned how important certain skills are needed for jobs and their expectations and classes necessary to qualify for these jobs. At WEbook I became a different person then I was at school, taking on a more business like persona very concentrated on my work and completing all necessary work. This more business like persona was very different then how I am in school because at school I am more lay back and tend to slack on my work out of boredom but at WEbook I found my job interesting which helped me get more into my work. A job at WEbook whether its editing marketing or even production, Id find such a job very interesting for myself in the future and I believe this internship gave me a good training of these type jobs.

1 comment:

Klee said...

How do you go about getting an internship at WeBook? I would love to be able to work on some editting and other work. I just started writing my first book and have it set up on WeBook.